JaMBW Chapter 3.1.2
This program, given a sequence and the features which are contained in it
produce a graphical display of them which allows to jump between features,
sequence and full text of the feature.
To include this applet in your page, do as follow:
- 12 colors are used, which are given to the various features, using mod 12 of the checksum from the name of the feature. In this
way if multiple applets are present on the same page, the features will have the same color.
- bubble sort is used for sorting the features alphabetically, so that if multiple copies of the applet are present the user will find
the features in a easy (mnemonical) way.
- no feature name is hardcoded in the applet, which is therefore fully flexible.
- features might be specified in the following way:
- some error checking on the FT line is performed by the program and notification is given in the feature text area.
therefore it is assumed that the first parameter in a feature block being its name identifier.
- no empty spaces must exist in the input fields
- scrolling of the text area will be improved
- the active feature will be centered
- overlapping entries on the same feature are not recognizable by color.
<applet code=FeatureTable.class width=800 height=200>
<param name=ID value=GHR_PIG>
<param name=RAW value=MDLWQLLLTLAVAGSSDAFSGSEATPAVLVRASQSLQRVHPGLETNSSGKPKFTKCRSPELETFS>
<param name=FT value=SIGNAL+1+18+something|CHAIN+19+638+GROWTH_HORMONE_RECEPTOR|DOMAIN+9+264+EXTRACELLULAR_(POTENTIAL)|>
Inspired by Thure ETZOLD for his Sequence Retrieval System,
completely written in Java by Luca TOLDO and freely distributable.
Date:7 June 1996, Author:Luca Toldo