First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
- Polyamine carboxylic acid (complexone): Carbon-Nitrogen-Carboxyl group
- Sequesters metal ions: Ions remain in solution with diminished reactivity
- Forms strong complexes with Mn(II), Cu(II), Fe(III), Pb (II) and Co(III)
- List a few everyday life products in which EDTA can be found? Why?
- List a few reaction buffers in which EDTA is added. Why?
- List a few reaction buffers in which EDTA is not added. Why?
2. Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)
Metal – EDTA chelate