Curriculum Vitae - Bharat Patel
Administrative and Teaching Responsibilities
- Director of Biotechnology programme in the Faculty of Science &
- Chair, Faculty of Science & Technology Health and Safety sub-
- Faculty of Science & Technology representative at the University
Health & Safety Committee since 1991.
- Member of Faculty Honours Board (1989).
- Reviewer of grant applications eg ARC, Justice Commission, New
Zealand Foundation for Research, Science & Technology.
- Convenor of the following courses: Virology (SS13053), Advanced
Microbiology Laboratory (SS13079), Bacteriology (SS13050) and
Microbiology (SS12053). This is a higher than the average load
due to the resignation of our staff virologist.
- Planned, devised and introduced the third year theory and laboratory
Bacteriology course (SS13050). An average of 55 students take this
- Modified (by way of introduction of new lecture and laboratory
material) the second year Microbiology course (SS12053). An average
of 95 students take this course.
- Convenor of the School of Science seminar series (1991-1992).
- Personal tutor for foundation year students (1989-91).
- Committee memeber on Australian Standards.
- Reviewer for journals (eg Int. J. System. Bacteriol)
Author: Dr Bharat Patel
HTML'd by Troy Baalham
[Created 06 Sept 1995]
[Modified 06 Sept 1995]